- Each team is allowed to sub up to 2 skaters from other teams, and can not have more than 6 skaters on the team for that particular game.
- If a player(s) for the team needing subs shows up late, then one or both of the subs needs to leave the game at the end of the period so that the roster with subs is no more than 6 skaters.
- Sub skaters should be similar skill level to the player they are replacing, but the final ruling will be left to the referee's discretion.
- Substitute goalies do NOT count towards total sub SKATERS.
- Substitute players must be active within the league and paid for that session. Players NOT on another roster for the current session are NOT allowed to be a sub.
Goalies are an exception if agreed upon by the opposing team.
- No subs are allowed in the postseason.
- EXAMPLE 1: Team 1 has 4 of their own players, they are allowed to sub up to 2 skaters from other teams to fill their active roster to 6 skaters.
- EXAMPLE 2: Team 1 has 3 of their own skaters, they are allowed to sub up to 2 skaters from other teams and will have a game roster of 5 skaters.
- EXAMPLE 3: Team 1 has 5 of their own players, they are allowed to sub 1 skater from another team to fill their game roster.)
Delay of Game
- Pucks shot out of play ACCIDENTALLY will not be called a penalty due to the abnormal height of boards around the rink at the Kish YMCA.
- Any other incident that the referee's deem to be a delay of the game may be called at the referee's discretion, including but not limited to; The referee believes a puck was shot out of play on purpose, pushing the net off, covering the puck in any way, etc.
Any player receiving a game misconduct for any reason will fall into the below protocol:
- First offense: Player will be asked to leave the current game and the building immediately and will serve a ONE WEEK suspension to be served the next week that there are games, meaning whether or not your team plays one or two games the following week, you will be suspended for the entire weekend's games.
- Second Offense: Player will be asked to leave the current game and the building immediately and will serve a TWO WEEK suspension to be served the next two weeks that there are games, meaning whether or not your team plays one or two games the following weeks, you will be suspended for the entire weekend's games for two weekends. Based on the severity of the offense, it will be up to the referee staff as to whether or not the player will be suspended for the remainder of the session.
- Third Offense: Player will be suspended for the remainder of the session, and possibly part of the next session depending on number of games left in the current session.
- This is an adult league at the YMCA, no one should be getting kicked out multiple times in a session so repeat offenders will be punished accordingly.
- The referee staff and YMCA staff reserve the right to add additional suspension/ban at their discretion.
If tied at the end of regulation, the following protocol takes place:
- 5 minutes of 4 on 4, first to score wins.
- If tied at the end of the 5 minute overtime, a 3 man per team shootout will take place.
- Continuous 4 on 4 overtime with 15 minute periods.
This is not the complete set of rules, other, normal rules such as tripping, hooking, slashing, etc will be enforced at referee discretion